- Pre-slice or cube any firm cheeses. Blue cheeses can be crumbled or placed in wedges on the board. Fresh cheeses should be placed on boards last to keep from spreading as they come to room temperature. Always choose an assortment of firmness, flavors, and ripeness when picking options.
- Leave small cheese knives or toothpicks on or around the board as guests are not using their fingers to pick.
- Put olives, cornichons, jams, honey and any nuts you do not want scattered across the board into small bowls.
- Pre-slice your charcuterie. After slicing, fold the salami into quarters and preplace your meats on the board. Cut circular charcuterie into half moons.
- Nuts and crackers need little to no preparation. Leave these for last.
- Pre cut or slice any large size produce and leave aside on a paper towel for about half an hour. You do not want moist or freshly cut produce on the board.
- Leave out a side place with addition crackers or baguette slices.