Chef Katie FergusonFeaturing: Java Crab Meat
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 pound Java Lump Crab Meat
- 2/3 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Directions: In a medium-size bowl, whisk together egg, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, Old Bay, lemon juice, and salt. Add crab meat and cracker crumbs to the bowl and stir, careful not to break the crab meat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to one day.
Preheat oven to 450F.
Grease a rimmed baking sheet and using a ½ cup measuring cup, divide crab mixture onto the sheet pan. Do not flatten. Using your hands, form each individual crab cake. Brush each crab cake with melted butter and bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown. Garnish with chopped parsley, serve with a lemon wedge, or any desired sauce such as remoulade or cocktail sauce.