Chef Danny Ganem
- 4 (6-ounce) Cobia Filets
- Kosher Salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 heads radicchio, cut lengthwise
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and sliced into four rings
- 2 naval oranges, peeled and sliced into four rings
- ½ cup cerignola olives, pitted, cut into quarters
- ½ cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1 cup watercress or other baby lettuce
- 2 lemons, halved and juiced
- Bring Cobia to room temperature 10 minutes before cooking
- For the Cobia: Warm a non-stick pan and drizzle with olive oil over medium high heat. Season the fish with salt and place cobia in the pan. Cook until golden brown on one side, about 4 minutes. Turn the fish using a spatula and turn down heat to medium low. Add butter and using a spoon, baste melted butter over fish for 1 minute or until cobia is cooked to medium. Remove from pan and let rest.
- For the radicchio: Warm a pan over medium high heat and drizzle with olive oil. Place radicchio in pan, season with salt, and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Place orange rings along a platter and top with cobia filets. Place sautéed radicchio along the side of the fish. Top with cerignola olives, toasted almonds, and watercress on top of fish. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.
Download The Recipe (PDF)